Monday 8 October 2007

Beautiful Paris


The last time our company had a business trip to Africa, we had to transit for more than 15 hours in Paris. Although we were all really tired from the work we were doing, we were really happy to be given the opportunity to run around and look at the sights in Paris. In less than 12 hours, we managed to see most of the main attractions in this beautiful city – The Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, Louvres, Champs Elysee and the Notre Dame. We didn’t make it to the Sacre Coeur as it was simply too far. We were really lucky that my boss’ secretary managed to book us hotels in Paris which were in a great central location. This meant that we could cover most of the places on foot and save some our allowance instead of blowing it on the expensive Metro.

I loved Paris and though I’m glad to be given that little teaser of the city, I would very much want to return some day. Although, if I’m returning on my own budget someday, I’ll have to opt for cheap hotels with Hotel Club instead of the swanky ones my company put us up in! Perhaps the next time there is an airline offer, I should consider Paris!

No comments: