Thursday 13 March 2008

Missing Melbourne

I was coming to work today when I realised I almost wish I had joined the Australian migration team at work. This involved being based in Melbourne for about 2 to 3 months workshadowing the financial controllers there to bring the job back here.

I miss Melbourne. I lived there for 3 years while I was studying and although I used to look forward to coming back in the summer, I loved every minute of my time there. I think that was where I learnt to be independent, to pay bills, do my own banking, manage my own money, tell the difference between a bulk cable and a wire and learnt how friends and midnight sessions could really make a difference in my life. Someday I hope to return, even if it was just a for a holiday and walk down those familiar streets again.

No comments: