Monday 23 July 2007

Back from Singapore

I made it down to Singapore and was the GSS good?

Hmm...honestly I was a little disappointed with it. There wasn't much to buy and everything I saw looked either really strange (what has happened to the fashionable Singaporeans?!) or I could have bought it for a cheaper price back home here. It was quite surprising to see that their prices this round were higher than previous years and although we were there for the tail end of the sale, there wasn't any specials like how they used to have.

It made me wonder though whether they have become too used to thousands thronging their shores for the annual GSS or whether the very affluent Middle Eastern tourists who come every summer have spoilt the market for us poorer Malaysians?

Whatever it is, Hong Kong's annual summer sale is looking much better than the GSS.

No comments: