Tuesday 15 January 2008

Online Medication

I always make sure I carry medication with me whenever I travel. It is always useful to pack a small first aid kit or box with essential and emergency medication such as aspirins, antacids or anti-nausea pills so that your holiday would not be spoilt by a small ailment that could have easily been cured. These medication are usually available in pharmacies as well but sometimes being in an unfamiliar foreign land with language barriers would make looking for medication difficult. I recall when my colleague was taken ill in Kazakhstan. We tried going to the pharmacy but was shocked when all the medication and prices were written in Russian! Luckily, we managed to find an online pharmacy which sold their medication in English so it was easily identifiable. Plus, they could dispatch out their medication within a day while we were still in the hotel. Thank goodness for the online pharmacy otherwise I don’t know how we would have been able to communicate with the Russian doctors or pharmacists!

No comments: